For the kids who love to design and color, it is a must that they are introduced to some of Babesta’s Design Kits. It is suitable for a l l ages who have a giant imagination!
(click on the pictures to check out our items online!)
1) Design your own Tote Bag Kit.
Totes for you, and you, and you!
For the babes who love bags but never satisfied with everyone else’s designs! This kit by Seedling includes a Cotton Tote Bag, colorful ribbons, fabric paints, craft and glitter glue, and more that will surely make your bag lovin’ babe want to show off their skills! Great for taking it along to: school, grocery stores, the mall, etc. Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
2) Make your own Bangles Kit.
Bangles make everything beautiful!
Who doesn’t love bangles? They make our outfits look better and more chić. This kit contains: Wooden Bangles, Embroidery Thread, Assorted Fabric and Ribbons, and instructions for our crafty kids! Let’s see who can design the best! Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
3) Fashion Designer Kit.
Will a beautiful dress suit the mannequin? Or a rock out t-shirt?
For the fashionistas who always draw and imagine new clothing! For the fashionistas who are never pleased with today’s fashion and is ahead of the new trend. This kit is for the trend-setters and it includes: Assorted Fabrics, Wooden Manikin, Basic Pattern Shapes, Sketch Book, Coloured Pencils, Sewing Needles & Cotton, Assorted Ribbons, and an instruction + tips booklet. Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
4) Color the Earth kit.
A colorful inflatable world!
Aside from all the fashion kits, the color the Earth kit is for the creative souls who love coloring and playing! This kit contains craft markers and an inflatable world! Your artistic babe colors the world in any way they please and make the world inflatable! This is great for those who love playing, coloring, and learning! It is a fun way to teach kids the name of different countries! Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
5) Creakit Stencils.
for the colorful minds!
stencils and color pencils!
This Creakit is also for those colorful souls. Artistic children can use these stencils to draw a scene or create a story. This is great for every age groups! Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
6) Sticker Fashionista.
sticker book filled with the latest styles and fashion!
This isn’t an ordinary sticker book. This is the sticker book filled with clothes, scarves, shoes, bags- fashionistas’ faves! Our fashion lovin’ babes can use these stickers to create the latest outfits for their characters !
different styles !
Thanks for checking it out! These kits can be great activities for rainy days, hot summery days, cold winter days, sleep overs, etc. Also, these will be awesome gifts for those who love being creative!
Time for a change. We upgraded our storefront over at Babesta Threads, to welcome new clothes and a new feeling of happiness! This new theme is inspired by magic. Cards, tickets, magician hats and wands, etc. were all used to create a beautiful storefront. We’re psyched about it came out!
It all started out with two stylists hot gluing a 150 ft. of tickets and wire together. Then they added cards, magic wands, hats, moustaches, etc. to create the very magical display! Thanks, Steph!!!
Tickets, glue, moustaches, wands, tape, and more to create the beautiful display!
The big reveal!
All our magical creatures!
Moustaches and tickets everywhere!
Our not so Ugly, Ugly Doll, rocking a Ramones Tee in this magical place!
No one can resist ice cream, cupcakes, pizza, and cookies! I know, it’s not the healthiest choice of foods, but once in a while, it doesn’t hurt to take a bite of a moist chocolate peanut butter cupcake, or indulge in a large bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. This post is for those who love cooking, whether amazing at it or not. This post is dedicated to all those people who love creating their own recipes! This is for the people who love eating new things! Upon scrolling down Pinterest, I came across so many homemade recipes that I just couldn’t resist. It’s lunchtime and my stomach is extra grouchy now! Can’t wait until I go home and make some of these! I’ll list the top three recipes that I really want to share to everyone!!
Remember to click on the photos for the recipe sharers’ websites!
Number One. HomemadeFunfettiSugarCookies.
Soft and yummy sprinkle cookies! Photo by Averie Sunshine.
Thank you to Averie Sunshine for this amazing recipe. Just staring at the pictures make my mouth water. When I usually make Funfetti cookies, I use the typical Pillsbury Funfetti Cupcake mix and just add more flour. This seems so much better, and from now on, I’m pretty sure I’ll get rid of the boxes and make cookies from scratch!
What you will need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons clear imitation vanilla extract (real vanilla extract may be substituted)
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons corn starch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
3/4 cup sprinkles
Directions (my short version):
1) In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the butter, sugar, egg, and extract, on medium-high speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy, for about 5 minutes (or use a hand mixer and beat for at least 7 minutes).
2) Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix well for about 1 minute.
3) Add the SPRINKLES and mix briefly!
4) Using a mini cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, form mounds on a large plate. Flatten them gently and place them in the fridge for 2 hours to 5 days.
5) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with wax paper, or spray it with cooking spray. Place all cookies at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes, no more than 9! Take them out, let it cool for 5 minutes, then place on the plate and devour it!!
6) You can store these cookies for up to one week in room temperature, or you can freeze them! You can use these for toppings to ice cream sundaes as well!
Number Two. BaconCheeseburgerSkilletPizza.
Yummy lookin’ pizza! Photo by how sweet eats.
Traditional pepperoni pizzas and Hawaiian pizzas can get a bit boring. Thankfully, how sweet eats has shared such an amazing recipe!! A Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Pizza. Yes. A BACON CHEESEBURGER PIZZA.
What you will need:
1 1/8 cups warm water
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
A lot of ingredients that will serve your stomach justice.
1) In a large bowl, combine water, yeast, honey, and oliveoil; mix with spoon, then let it sit until foamy (about 10 minutes). Add 2 1/2 cups of flour and salt. Mix with spoon, until a sticky dough forms.
2) Using your hands, form the dough into a ball, while using the 1/2 cup of flour, kneading it onto a floured surface.
3) Lather the same bowl with olive oil. Put dough inside, roll it around to get an even coat of olive oil everywhere. Place a towel over it, and let it sit in a warm place to rise, for 1 1/2 hours.
4) After it has risen, place onto the floured surface, punch it down, and divide it into two or three pieces (depends on the size of your skillet).
5) Place one of the dough onto a heavily floured pizza peel. Roll it out to the size of your skillet.
1) Heat a nonstick pan. Add seasoned beef (salt, pepper, onion powder). Bread the beef into small pieces. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Drain any liquid from the skillet.
2) Combine ketchup and mustard. Use half for one and half for the other!!
3) Spread half of sauce onto dough. Sprinkle lightly with cheddar.
4) Add half of the beef on top. Sprinkle with more cheese and some bacon!! (Lightly cook bacon so it doesn’t burn while cooking!)
5) Put an oven rack directly under your broiler. Set it to the highest setting!
6) Place iron skillet on the stovetop burner on HIGH heat. Heat the skillet for 10 minutes. (If it smokes a lot, turn down the heat!)
7) Remember to cover the handle of the skillet with a potholder or a thick towel. Gently slide the pizza onto the skillet.
8) After 30 seconds, turn off the burner. Stick the skillet under the broiler.
9) After one minute, turn the skillet 180 degrees. Wait another minute.
10) Take it out. Let it cool for five minutes. Cover with lettuce and tomatoes (and whatever else you would like!).
Number Three. HomemadePop-Tarts.
Yummy pop-tarts!! Photo by smitten kitchen
Pop tarts are one of my favorite snacks. The strawberry and s’mores pop tarts are my weaknesses! Everyone must have eaten a pop tart once in their life! But no one probably thought of making them at home! Imagine creating a new pop tart flavor that no one has ever tasted before! What’s amazing about this recipe is that you can add any flavor you want; you can also create your own color to frost the pop-tart!
What you will need:
2 cups (8 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks or 8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pats
1 large egg
2 tablespoons (1 ounce) milk
1 additional large egg (to brush on pastry)
1) Mix the flour, sugar, and salt.
2) Work in the butter with your hands or a food processor until it is pea-sized.
3) Mix One Egg and the milk. Add the liquid mixture into the dough.
4) Knead the dough briefly on a floured countertop.
5) Divide the dough in half. Roll out into rectangles, sized 3 x 5. (You may refrigerate the dough if not immediately baking.)
6) Roll the divided doughs to a thickness of 1/8″. Trim both to an even 9″ x 12″. Cut each piece to thirds (There should be 9 rectangles.)
7) Beat the additional egg. Brush it over the entire surface of the first dough. (The egg will help hold the two doughs.)
8) Add any filling you desire. (Nutella, Jam, Fruit, etc.). Put the second piece of dough over the first. Press around the dough with your fingers; use a fork to gently press it and seal it completely.
9) Preheat the oven to a nice 350 degrees! Chill the dough, uncovered, for about 10 minutes as the oven heats up.
10) Bake for 20 – 25 minutes! Let it cool before eating!
Note from smitten kitchen: They stated that their kitchen was a typical NYC kitchen that gets really hot! Your dough may be too warm and soft to work with if your kitchen is too warm. So if this describes your kitchen, you can freeze the dough for about 10 minutes to get it to the perfect consistency.
Summer is the perfect time to train your little chef! It’s a great indoor activity if it’s too hot outside, but make sure to have your air conditioner on, since the kitchen can heat up! The Cooking Club for Kids offers lots of different fun cooking sets for your little culinary whiz!
But before anyone starts cooking, every chef needs chef hats and aprons – and for that we have The Cooking Club for kid’s black and white aprons and hats, ready for our chefs, $23.
black and white aprons!
Everybody needs to eat a healthy breakfast to have a great day – they way that breakfast is the most important meal of the day–it energizes you! For our breakfast food loving chefs, we have a pancake kit. It comes with: a mixing bowl, different shapes, a flipper, and recipe cards. One morning our little chefs can make pancakes and maybe another morning they can create yummy crepes!
yummy pancakes for everyone!
Pizza Time! The Cooking Club for Kids Pizza making kit comes with: a rolling pin, a sauce brush, a pizza tray and lifter, and recipe cards. Our young chefs can create their own pizzas with different ingredients as well! I would love to try a ham and pineapple pizza, please!
I want a hot slice of pizza!
Snacks are great for extra energy throughout the day. Babesta has two snack kits: the cookie kit and the gingerbread kit. Both kits contain recipe cards and different cookie cutter shapes. The cookie kit contains a silicone mat and a rolling pin,while the gingerbread kit has a mixing bowl and a decorating pen. How fun will it be to create different shaped cookies! I would love to try a heart and star shaped cookie! I’m sure it will taste as great as it looks!
chocolate chip cookies please?
Yummy Gingerbread Cookies!
I also have to add that I love ice-cream as much as I love pizza and pancakes! Babesta recently received Chronicle’s Star Wars’ Ice Saber Kit. It comes with four molds that you can fill with your favorite juice or fruit to make yummy pops that will be chilly for a hot summer day. This kit contains 30 different Ice Saber Recipe so no one will ever get bored! You can have light saber fights while eating!! And they’re only $24!
Woosh! Cool down with these cute sabers!
If any of our little chefs decide to create new recipes with these kits, please stop by and drop off some snacks! LOL.
Only $29 for all these kits. In-stores at Babesta Cribz and online.
We decided to jump on the DIY wagon (partially inspired by last week’s Etsy party) and we grabbed some old tees that had been damaged and decided to fashion ourselves a new pair of rockin’ summer flip flops. This is an easy one that any kid who can handle a pair of scissors can do. . .
1. Gather some of your old, too small, favorite rock tees
2. Cut it up into strips & tie the strips around the flip flops, making it dense & fluffy.
3. You have the perfect pedicure flops. Black polish please!
I went crazy when I came across Smash Scrapbooks and snapped them up for the store. And for kids going away to camp, these funky scrapbooks with all of their accessories make for a really cool way to capture the summer memories. Check them out here!
We had a great time crafting for the window this week. We made some pretty nifty hanging geometric "lanterns" out of neon colored plastic straws and ribbons. They give a little dimention to our window and give our little Uglydoll models a super cool environment. We were inspired on Pinterest (go figure!)
We think that these would also make for a great, simple party decoration! Hang them over the birthday table!
First gather your materials! You'll need ample amounts of neon straws, curling ribbon, scissors and fishing wire to hang.
Cut the straws in half and then take 3 halves. Feed the curling ribbon through the staraws.
Tie the string with the three straw halves to form a triangle and tie it off.
Now take 3 of your triangles and lay them flat. Tie them into one big triangle.
With your one remaining triangle, tie it to the top of your large triangle so it should look like this.
Next bend the 4th traingle at the top down and tie it to the bottom triangle on the left bottom side. At this point it should look like this.
Now all that is left is to tie off those two triangles at the bottom with string and you should end up with a 3D diamond. and Voila!
Now it's time to hang them with the fishing string!