There’s a simple solution to that! At Babesta, we did a bit of research and discovered… SWIMMING POOLS. You can never go wrong with taking a dip in the water to beat the hot summer heat. We found many locations in New York, so no worries about whether it is too far!
According to timeout, there are 11 (that’s right ELEVEN!) different pools, which most are free of cost!! Here are three of the eleven that sounded coolest:
- Astoria Pool: located in Astoria Park, 19th St at 23rd Ave, Astoria, Queens: This pool has “Olympic-size lanes.” The pool is ginormous with a lot of space for you to lay out your towels and tan! This is a local favorite of many New Yorkers! It is also free of charge.
- The Floating Pool; located in Barretto Point Park, Intersection of Tiffany St. and Viele Ave. That’s correct. You read correctly. A floating pool. This is a seven lane pool that is atop a movable barge. It was once located in Brooklyn Heights but was moved permanently to Barretto Point Park. There are locker rooms, a great view, and plenty of space to sit down and enjoy a floating pool! And of course, it is free of charge!
- And critics’ choice, McCarren Park Pool; located at Lorimer St between Bayard St and Driggs Ave, Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
This is a37,571 square-foot pool, which is very spacious! There is plenty of space around the pool for beach chairs and towels. You will certainly have a great time with your families and friends. However, there is usually a large crowd due to tourists and families who want to enjoy the sun! It was renovated and reopened in 2012, and ever since, more and more people have been visiting. It will certainly be a fun time! Once again, free of cost!
Babesta also gathered a few summer outfits and essentials that can be worn to the pool or to the beach!
We have a few favorite swimwear for our city kids!
- One of our most favorite tiger face swimsuit by popupshop. This cute swimsuit dons the face of a fierce tiger! Your cute city kid can rock this out with a pair of matching Mini Rodini sunglasses. How adorable would that look?!
- Our favorite pick for our city boys is A for Apple’s boy Swimshorts. This will match well with Sons & Daughters’ Blue Hunter Sunglasses. Our city boys will definitely rock this well!
- Our final favorite swimsuit is Stella Cove’s Hepburn Bathing Suit. This is for the retro ladies who know what style is all about! Son’s and Daughters’ printed sunglasses will go so well together!! Fashionista! Ow ow!
PS:Most of these pools do not allow electronic devices like kindles, laptops, etc.