The summertime makes me think of how much fun we had creating the Postcard Project a couple years ago. For those who don’t know, inspired by the MET’s Walker Evans Exhibit (and notably, the MOMA is showing the artist’s work this summer!) we gave out 100 disposable cameras to kids from the ages of 3 to 12 and asked them to re-conceive postcards for Lower Manhattan, to include Tribeca, South Street Seaport, FI DI, Chinatown & Battery Park City. They had to take their time, budget their shots & frame their pictures. No instant gratification here – as we had to develop the film (an anomaly in this digital age!) We got an astounding array of shots and relied on an expert panel of professional photographers to come up with 10 winning photographs to comprise our Postcard Packet.
I try to excel in gifting. Finding something just perfect for a niece or nephew, for a birthday or an anniversary. To make things easy on you, I’ve arranged a few gift ideas that babies and children of all ages will definitely love! Check them out in-stores and online!
1) Baby Johnny Sneaker Socks: Six pairs of bright high-top tennis shoe baby socks. How adorable? Sneaker Socks! We have more designs such as Yo Gabba Gabba socks, Skater Socks, Neon Socks, etc.
2) What Happens at Grandmas Snaptee/Tee: Who doesn’t want a Snaptee or tee in this style? Classic. Grandma lets you eat more candy, and word on the street is, with her, you have no bedtime. Such a great way for our kids to show off their love for grammy!
3) Rockabye Baby Muse CD: A calming gift that parents will thank you for! Babies can rock out lullaby style and fall asleep, dreaming about their rockstar life. There are more renditions like the Beatles’, Van Halen’s, the Smiths’, the White Stripes’, etc.
4) Dog Zoo Bib: These bibs are not only cute, but they fold up! Easy to store, easy to wash! This adorable face will surely bring joy to your gift receiver and you!
5) Lion Rattle: Fear not! These lions are adorable and sweet! They aren’t vicious, and they rattle! Your baby will have so much fun making their own music and being intrigued at how calm the lion is.
6) Baby Legs Mr. Peter Rabbit: Little ones will be hoppin’ with joy each time he wears this leg warmer! Baby Legs keep babies’ legs warm while looking stylish and cute. Definitely a must have! Check out the other styles!
7) Alphabet Zoo Activity Mirror: Babies can play peek-a-boo while playing with the plush elephant, monkey, and birdie. This can be set up outside and inside! It is easy to carry, and the gift receiver will enjoy this and thank you!!
8) I believe in Snuffleupagus Snaptee/Tee: Can I have one in my size? This is for those who love using their imagination and believe in fantasies! What’s even better? This Snaptee/Tee comes in so many colors!
9) Pronto Chevron: Great for the parents! Designed by Jonathan Adler, this mobile changing station will be small enough to fit into any diaper bag, and when in need, it will spread open so that your baby can be clean.
10) Metro Card Rattle: Babies will love receiving this because it shows off the perks of being a city kid! It’s cute and fun! With the Metro Card Rattle, your baby can keep busy when traveling.
11) Rockin Diaper Cake with Ugly Doll (center): These are made to order cakes that can be great for any shower! Three layers of diapers are wrapped in an orange ribbon and topped with an Uglydoll of your choice. The cake sits on top of a Vinyl record. Wish I got something like this when I was a baby! This gift will surely be the talk of the century!
We spent the weekend going through racks of clothes that will hit the shelves in the Spring/Summer and picking out what is undeniably Babesta! There were so many great styles, but just to whet the appetite (though let’s not get too ahead of ourselves, Fall isn’t even yet upon us), we’re showing you a quick glimpse of some things we were backflipping over!
On August 5, 2013, the Hudson River Park officially opened! The final section to be completed was in our very own Tribeca.
The path stretches all the way to Gansevoort.
Aside from a pathway for runners, walkers, and all humans, there is a section especially for dogs.
Now dogs have the chance to run around and play!
On hot summer days, there are both big and small fountains for dogs of all sizes to splash around in!
There are rocks to jump on, and beige and dark blue cement for running around.
Not only should the dog owners of Tribeca be happy, but I’m sure our dogs are very excited!
“Take me out! Take me out!”
Take your dog out for a time of bonding and playing!
Babesta has been looking for heroes to look over NYC!
Recently, we have received two Superheroes that promised to devote their lives to keep our children safe!
These two cuddly superheroes promise to become best friends with as many children they meet!
Superman Babo and Ice Bat promise to be the best friend & hero!
Click the photo for our Superhero Ugly Dolls!
For the kids who love to design and color, it is a must that they are introduced to some of Babesta’s Design Kits. It is suitable for a l l ages who have a giant imagination!
(click on the pictures to check out our items online!)
1) Design your own Tote Bag Kit.
Totes for you, and you, and you!
For the babes who love bags but never satisfied with everyone else’s designs! This kit by Seedling includes a Cotton Tote Bag, colorful ribbons, fabric paints, craft and glitter glue, and more that will surely make your bag lovin’ babe want to show off their skills! Great for taking it along to: school, grocery stores, the mall, etc. Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
2) Make your own Bangles Kit.
Bangles make everything beautiful!
Who doesn’t love bangles? They make our outfits look better and more chić. This kit contains: Wooden Bangles, Embroidery Thread, Assorted Fabric and Ribbons, and instructions for our crafty kids! Let’s see who can design the best! Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
3) Fashion Designer Kit.
Will a beautiful dress suit the mannequin? Or a rock out t-shirt?
For the fashionistas who always draw and imagine new clothing! For the fashionistas who are never pleased with today’s fashion and is ahead of the new trend. This kit is for the trend-setters and it includes: Assorted Fabrics, Wooden Manikin, Basic Pattern Shapes, Sketch Book, Coloured Pencils, Sewing Needles & Cotton, Assorted Ribbons, and an instruction + tips booklet. Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
4) Color the Earth kit.
A colorful inflatable world!
Aside from all the fashion kits, the color the Earth kit is for the creative souls who love coloring and playing! This kit contains craft markers and an inflatable world! Your artistic babe colors the world in any way they please and make the world inflatable! This is great for those who love playing, coloring, and learning! It is a fun way to teach kids the name of different countries! Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
5) Creakit Stencils.
for the colorful minds!
stencils and color pencils!
This Creakit is also for those colorful souls. Artistic children can use these stencils to draw a scene or create a story. This is great for every age groups! Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
6) Sticker Fashionista.
sticker book filled with the latest styles and fashion!
This isn’t an ordinary sticker book. This is the sticker book filled with clothes, scarves, shoes, bags- fashionistas’ faves! Our fashion lovin’ babes can use these stickers to create the latest outfits for their characters !
different styles !
Thanks for checking it out! These kits can be great activities for rainy days, hot summery days, cold winter days, sleep overs, etc. Also, these will be awesome gifts for those who love being creative!
b) The Explorer Block Set is extremely colorful and challenging! Our babes can build a city or imagine a completely new world with these blocks!
c) Stacrobats are magnetic figures that your babe can put together while imagining a fun circus scene and learning about different shapes!
d) The Elmer Elephant Pull Toy will make your babe feel like a zookeeper, a circus tamer, or even a safari king and queen! This adorable elephant can be a friend or foe, who knows!
1) Mobilio includes 5 cuddly figures great for infants! They can dream of a fantasy land filled with animals! Maybe they will crawl alongside with baby zebras or ride on the back of unicorns!
2) The Caravan Crib comes in five different imaginative colors! It offers comfort, security, and imagination!
1) The Unicorn Peony Sham will be great for not only our babes but for us, adults, as well! It will be nice and cuddly for naps after a imagination filled afternoon! Unicorns will accompany us to a magical sleeping place.
a)“Monster at the End of this Book” will heighten your child’s imagination! A fun story of Grover, scared of the monster at the end of the book! He begs readers not to flip the pages, but your babe will definitely feel the need to flip and read more! Your child’s imagination will grow while reading and looking at the fun illustrations.
b) “If I ran the Circus” is another imagination feeder. Your babe will love reading this book, while putting themselves in the book! It would be awesome to run a circus filled with lions, tigers, and crazy tricks!
3) The Winged Tunic Dressis too adorable! Your babe can imagine that she is a beautiful fairy or is a superhero! Stylish and creative- just what we need for our bright children!
Time for a change. We upgraded our storefront over at Babesta Threads, to welcome new clothes and a new feeling of happiness! This new theme is inspired by magic. Cards, tickets, magician hats and wands, etc. were all used to create a beautiful storefront. We’re psyched about it came out!
It all started out with two stylists hot gluing a 150 ft. of tickets and wire together. Then they added cards, magic wands, hats, moustaches, etc. to create the very magical display! Thanks, Steph!!!
Tickets, glue, moustaches, wands, tape, and more to create the beautiful display!
The big reveal!
All our magical creatures!
Moustaches and tickets everywhere!
Our not so Ugly, Ugly Doll, rocking a Ramones Tee in this magical place!
We here at Babesta are very busy trying to organize pictures for our catalog (the release date is a secret!), and everyone has been helping out! We have been smooth-sailing, so our summer is awesome! Thanks for asking.
Everyone is probably going to the park, to work, to the pool, to bbq’s, and spending a lot of time outside! However, we bet that some of us forgot to apply sunblock most of the time!! The sun has been shining bright, warming us all up and tanning/sunburning our skin. But do not fear! We here at Babesta decided to introduce our summer hats that will be very useful for the summertime (and all seasons!).
We picked out three awesome summer hats that come in all sizes and colors! Our adorable trucker hats, fedoras, and awesome character caps really will not only liven up our kids’ outfits but will block the sun’s harmful UV rays from their faces!
1. Trucker Hats: $18 USD
Gray and Red Trucker Hats!!
Both our lovely boys and girls will look awesome donning a cute trucker hat! These hats will be great for playgrounds due to the adjustable straps. These hats will be comfortable and stylish!
2. Goorin’s Lil Hagar Plaid Fedora- only $15 USD
Goorin’s Plaid Fedora looking stylish!
Once again for both boys and girls, these Fedoras will look so stylish with simple attires, such as a white tank top and black shorts. Fedoras are just too adorable and chic. These can also be paired with cute summer dresses, too! Your adorable kid will look even more scrumptious!
3. Hot Biscuit Mikihouse’s Animal Caps! – only $70 USD
how adorable!! Just fell in love!
These hats are a definitely a must-have for your child’s wardrobe! Look at the adorable eyes and ears! These hats are made for young infants, up to 4 months. Babies can rock awesome snaptees AND these cute animal hats! The Bear Caps will block out the sun for your even more stylish babe!
4. Floppy Hats – $13 USD
adorable floppy hats!
These hats will be great for the beach and just any outdoor activities! The floppy-ness will block the sun’s rays. Greatly matched with tank tops and simple yet cool summer outfits. There are three different sizes and colors for all children! Pink, Navy Blue, and White (not shown above) are ready to block out the sun’s rays!
Remember to check out these cute hats in-stores, at Babesta Threads, located on 66 West Broadway, New York, NY. You will definitely not regret it!
all our cute hats together!
AND! Please check out our fun hat Vine video here!
Beware of cute, cuddly monsters!! They are hiding out in Babesta, awaiting your visits! We brought together Babesta Cribz and Threads for an even better experience! These will be great summer fashions, as well as back to school fashions. After seeing all these monsters, don’t you get the feeling that monsters are actually cuddly and lovable?
Please check them out in-stores and online!! (click on the links below!)
From the left corner to right:
Top left corner:
1) Every fashionista needs the Akamay Fashionista Fur Vest! It is warm, stylish, and fuzzy! This vest will definitely go well with any outfit, as long as the fashionista dons a nice pair of Sons and Daugthers sunglasses and a stylish attitude!
2) The Skull V-Neck Sweater will look so nice with a pair of jeans or even the leggings, which will be talked about next! A great fall essential! It can even be worn on rainy days during the summer, with a cute pair of shorts. Great for both boys and girls!
3) The Hob Goblin Baby Legsdo look a little scary, but when your baby wears it, I’m sure the “ehh” will immediately change into “how adorable!”. Baby Legs keep your babies’ legs warm and safe! Babies’ bodies temperatures vary with adult’s bodies. So inside air conditioned rooms, I’m sure your baby will appreciate that you put on their Baby Legs!
4) Cosy Ruched Leggings will look amazing on your babe! It sure seems comfortable, and I really want one! They can be worn with not only the Skull V-neck, but with any shirt or tank! It is definitely an essential to your babe’s wardrobe!
Top Right Corner:
1) The Ulm Cribis made from beautiful and sustainably harvested solid birch and birch plywood. This mattress platform has three adjustable positions for your growing babe! It has a beautiful color that certainly reminds me of the mid-century- very elegant.
2) All theUgly Dolls are trapped!! They are certainly the cutest dolls ever! At Babesta, there are so many different Ugly Dolls that you can get to know. From Nimah to Chef Babo, they are such lovable creatures with different personalities. They do have one thing in common besides being cute… they are oh so lovable!!
Bottom Left Corner:
1) Mad Pax’s Bubble Backpack is probably the best thing created!! At Babesta we have it in two different colors, but all of them are so cool! Very spacious backpacks that every kid will want! It is overloading with greatness!
2) Mad Pax’s Spiketus Rex Backpack reminds me of a mini dinosaur. Your babe will look so adorable with it! They come in different colors and will match with any outfit. All of Mad Pax’s backpacks are spacious. Even teens and adults can wear it!
Bottom Right Corner:
Our most monster like collection of snaptees and tees!
1) The Big in Japan Tee is in black, pink, light blue, and gray. Just choose a color and we got it!
2) Our all time favorite Snaptee/Tee… I Believe in Snuffleupagus!! How adorable will your babe look in this snaptee?! Definitely for the imaginative souls! Warning: you might be stunned by cuteness!
3) Monsters Need Love Too!! This snaptee/ tee really makes monsters look cuddly and adorable. They have feelings too! Pair it with a cute pair of leggings, or with a cute pair of yellow jeans!
4) An Outerspace Tee? Sadly these are not snaptees! However, your kid will look exceptionally cool with this tee. A comfortable tee that can be paired with a pair of jeans, shorts, leggings, or even with skirts!
Do you finally feel that monsters are adorable and lovable?