Beware of cute, cuddly monsters!! They are hiding out in Babesta, awaiting your visits! We brought together Babesta Cribz and Threads for an even better experience! These will be great summer fashions, as well as back to school fashions. After seeing all these monsters, don’t you get the feeling that monsters are actually cuddly and lovable?
Please check them out in-stores and online!! (click on the links below!)
From the left corner to right:
Top left corner:
1) Every fashionista needs the Akamay Fashionista Fur Vest! It is warm, stylish, and fuzzy! This vest will definitely go well with any outfit, as long as the fashionista dons a nice pair of Sons and Daugthers sunglasses and a stylish attitude!
2) The Skull V-Neck Sweater will look so nice with a pair of jeans or even the leggings, which will be talked about next! A great fall essential! It can even be worn on rainy days during the summer, with a cute pair of shorts. Great for both boys and girls!
3) The Hob Goblin Baby Legsdo look a little scary, but when your baby wears it, I’m sure the “ehh” will immediately change into “how adorable!”. Baby Legs keep your babies’ legs warm and safe! Babies’ bodies temperatures vary with adult’s bodies. So inside air conditioned rooms, I’m sure your baby will appreciate that you put on their Baby Legs!
4) Cosy Ruched Leggings will look amazing on your babe! It sure seems comfortable, and I really want one! They can be worn with not only the Skull V-neck, but with any shirt or tank! It is definitely an essential to your babe’s wardrobe!
Top Right Corner:
1) The Ulm Cribis made from beautiful and sustainably harvested solid birch and birch plywood. This mattress platform has three adjustable positions for your growing babe! It has a beautiful color that certainly reminds me of the mid-century- very elegant.
2) All theUgly Dolls are trapped!! They are certainly the cutest dolls ever! At Babesta, there are so many different Ugly Dolls that you can get to know. From Nimah to Chef Babo, they are such lovable creatures with different personalities. They do have one thing in common besides being cute… they are oh so lovable!!
Bottom Left Corner:
1) Mad Pax’s Bubble Backpack is probably the best thing created!! At Babesta we have it in two different colors, but all of them are so cool! Very spacious backpacks that every kid will want! It is overloading with greatness!
2) Mad Pax’s Spiketus Rex Backpack reminds me of a mini dinosaur. Your babe will look so adorable with it! They come in different colors and will match with any outfit. All of Mad Pax’s backpacks are spacious. Even teens and adults can wear it!
Bottom Right Corner:
Our most monster like collection of snaptees and tees!
1) The Big in Japan Tee is in black, pink, light blue, and gray. Just choose a color and we got it!
2) Our all time favorite Snaptee/Tee… I Believe in Snuffleupagus!! How adorable will your babe look in this snaptee?! Definitely for the imaginative souls! Warning: you might be stunned by cuteness!
3) Monsters Need Love Too!! This snaptee/ tee really makes monsters look cuddly and adorable. They have feelings too! Pair it with a cute pair of leggings, or with a cute pair of yellow jeans!
4) An Outerspace Tee? Sadly these are not snaptees! However, your kid will look exceptionally cool with this tee. A comfortable tee that can be paired with a pair of jeans, shorts, leggings, or even with skirts!
Do you finally feel that monsters are adorable and lovable?
No one can resist ice cream, cupcakes, pizza, and cookies! I know, it’s not the healthiest choice of foods, but once in a while, it doesn’t hurt to take a bite of a moist chocolate peanut butter cupcake, or indulge in a large bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. This post is for those who love cooking, whether amazing at it or not. This post is dedicated to all those people who love creating their own recipes! This is for the people who love eating new things! Upon scrolling down Pinterest, I came across so many homemade recipes that I just couldn’t resist. It’s lunchtime and my stomach is extra grouchy now! Can’t wait until I go home and make some of these! I’ll list the top three recipes that I really want to share to everyone!!
Remember to click on the photos for the recipe sharers’ websites!
Number One. HomemadeFunfettiSugarCookies.
Soft and yummy sprinkle cookies! Photo by Averie Sunshine.
Thank you to Averie Sunshine for this amazing recipe. Just staring at the pictures make my mouth water. When I usually make Funfetti cookies, I use the typical Pillsbury Funfetti Cupcake mix and just add more flour. This seems so much better, and from now on, I’m pretty sure I’ll get rid of the boxes and make cookies from scratch!
What you will need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons clear imitation vanilla extract (real vanilla extract may be substituted)
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons corn starch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
3/4 cup sprinkles
Directions (my short version):
1) In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the butter, sugar, egg, and extract, on medium-high speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy, for about 5 minutes (or use a hand mixer and beat for at least 7 minutes).
2) Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix well for about 1 minute.
3) Add the SPRINKLES and mix briefly!
4) Using a mini cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, form mounds on a large plate. Flatten them gently and place them in the fridge for 2 hours to 5 days.
5) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with wax paper, or spray it with cooking spray. Place all cookies at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes, no more than 9! Take them out, let it cool for 5 minutes, then place on the plate and devour it!!
6) You can store these cookies for up to one week in room temperature, or you can freeze them! You can use these for toppings to ice cream sundaes as well!
Number Two. BaconCheeseburgerSkilletPizza.
Yummy lookin’ pizza! Photo by how sweet eats.
Traditional pepperoni pizzas and Hawaiian pizzas can get a bit boring. Thankfully, how sweet eats has shared such an amazing recipe!! A Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Pizza. Yes. A BACON CHEESEBURGER PIZZA.
What you will need:
1 1/8 cups warm water
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
A lot of ingredients that will serve your stomach justice.
1) In a large bowl, combine water, yeast, honey, and oliveoil; mix with spoon, then let it sit until foamy (about 10 minutes). Add 2 1/2 cups of flour and salt. Mix with spoon, until a sticky dough forms.
2) Using your hands, form the dough into a ball, while using the 1/2 cup of flour, kneading it onto a floured surface.
3) Lather the same bowl with olive oil. Put dough inside, roll it around to get an even coat of olive oil everywhere. Place a towel over it, and let it sit in a warm place to rise, for 1 1/2 hours.
4) After it has risen, place onto the floured surface, punch it down, and divide it into two or three pieces (depends on the size of your skillet).
5) Place one of the dough onto a heavily floured pizza peel. Roll it out to the size of your skillet.
1) Heat a nonstick pan. Add seasoned beef (salt, pepper, onion powder). Bread the beef into small pieces. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Drain any liquid from the skillet.
2) Combine ketchup and mustard. Use half for one and half for the other!!
3) Spread half of sauce onto dough. Sprinkle lightly with cheddar.
4) Add half of the beef on top. Sprinkle with more cheese and some bacon!! (Lightly cook bacon so it doesn’t burn while cooking!)
5) Put an oven rack directly under your broiler. Set it to the highest setting!
6) Place iron skillet on the stovetop burner on HIGH heat. Heat the skillet for 10 minutes. (If it smokes a lot, turn down the heat!)
7) Remember to cover the handle of the skillet with a potholder or a thick towel. Gently slide the pizza onto the skillet.
8) After 30 seconds, turn off the burner. Stick the skillet under the broiler.
9) After one minute, turn the skillet 180 degrees. Wait another minute.
10) Take it out. Let it cool for five minutes. Cover with lettuce and tomatoes (and whatever else you would like!).
Number Three. HomemadePop-Tarts.
Yummy pop-tarts!! Photo by smitten kitchen
Pop tarts are one of my favorite snacks. The strawberry and s’mores pop tarts are my weaknesses! Everyone must have eaten a pop tart once in their life! But no one probably thought of making them at home! Imagine creating a new pop tart flavor that no one has ever tasted before! What’s amazing about this recipe is that you can add any flavor you want; you can also create your own color to frost the pop-tart!
What you will need:
2 cups (8 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks or 8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pats
1 large egg
2 tablespoons (1 ounce) milk
1 additional large egg (to brush on pastry)
1) Mix the flour, sugar, and salt.
2) Work in the butter with your hands or a food processor until it is pea-sized.
3) Mix One Egg and the milk. Add the liquid mixture into the dough.
4) Knead the dough briefly on a floured countertop.
5) Divide the dough in half. Roll out into rectangles, sized 3 x 5. (You may refrigerate the dough if not immediately baking.)
6) Roll the divided doughs to a thickness of 1/8″. Trim both to an even 9″ x 12″. Cut each piece to thirds (There should be 9 rectangles.)
7) Beat the additional egg. Brush it over the entire surface of the first dough. (The egg will help hold the two doughs.)
8) Add any filling you desire. (Nutella, Jam, Fruit, etc.). Put the second piece of dough over the first. Press around the dough with your fingers; use a fork to gently press it and seal it completely.
9) Preheat the oven to a nice 350 degrees! Chill the dough, uncovered, for about 10 minutes as the oven heats up.
10) Bake for 20 – 25 minutes! Let it cool before eating!
Note from smitten kitchen: They stated that their kitchen was a typical NYC kitchen that gets really hot! Your dough may be too warm and soft to work with if your kitchen is too warm. So if this describes your kitchen, you can freeze the dough for about 10 minutes to get it to the perfect consistency.
The National September 11 Museum and Memorial is scheduled to open next Spring. The neighborhood of TriBeCa is actually a few blocks from the memorial. We feel it in our hearts to keep close tabs!
President and CEO of the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, Joe Daniels, believes that the fences of the construction will soon come down for good! Currently, the Memorial Plaza located at 20 Vesey St., between Church and Broadway, requires multiple security checks, but Daniels hopes that the newly opened Memorial will only require a security check-in, upon entering the building. This building will stay due to millions of people who visit daily while the Visitor’s Center located on 90 West Street will be moved to a new location that is not yet decided, as the new Memorial opens.
Daniels also mentioned that his crew are planning multiple procedures to protect all valuables from another flood. There is talk of building extra pipes, water proof doors, and of emergency protocols. The Memorial means so much to not only the whole country, but to us in New York. They will make sure to store important items in deeper grounds as well as on higher grounds.
Hopefully, all monetary and contract issues get solved immediately, so that the building of the Memorial can hasten and be ready earlier. We really appreciate the hard work that everyone is putting into creating the new Memorial.
Thank you TribecaTrib for all your lovely news about our neighborhood. Click hereto visit their site!
New York always offers fun events for everyone – especially for families!! Water Street received the City Council’s approval to hold series of events. 75 Wall Street, 200 Water Street, and 1 New York Plaza are open and dedicated to hold different events for everyone during the summer.
Cooking demos, yoga classes, face painting, and more are ready and open for everyone. There will be sculpture-making demos, strength and cardio workouts, dance classes, Gelato sampling, and more!
The events are scheduled to go on until August 30th.
Check waterstreetpop.com for more information and a full schedule.
Recently, we visited the quirky Pez Museum in Connecticut & had to share! This Museum is great to visit on a summer weekend (a great break from driving if you are on 95). Total blast from the past, you can introduce your kids to Pez Dispensers and the yummy tab-like candy!
Located at 35 Prindle Hill Rd Orange, CT 06477, this museum is right of of I-95. Visiting hours are from 10AM – 6PM on Mondays – Saturdays. This place is even open on Sundays from 12PM- 5PM! The prices can be found on the official Pez Visiting Center’s website.
In front of the Pez Museum
Did you know that Pez’s headquarter was once located in our own New York City in 1952, but then relocated to Connecticut in 1974. How interesting? Did you also know that the first “Pez” was actually invented as a breath mint in Austria. But in the early 1950s, Pez introduced fruity flavors that we enjoy today, to gain a bigger audience. The first Mickey Mouse Dispensers were created in the 1960s, and the first Giant Pez candy dispenser named Peter Pez was shipped out in 2001.
Our favorite Garfield dispenser was released in the 1990s.
so many Garfields!!
The visitor center actually opened just last year, December 2011. How crazy is that?
Pez Visitor Center Welcomes you warmly, huh?
If you choose to visit, which you definitely should, there are places to eat near by. It is a self tour, and they also give you $2 credit for purchases in their gift shop, after their tour.
Now that it is official that the royal baby has a name, Babesta wants to congratulate Kate and William! The Little Prince was born on July 22 and weighed a healthy 8 lbs. 6 oz. His gradmum has announced to name the Little Prince, George Alexander Louis, after his great-great grandfather George VI. If everyone thinks that two days of no naming is a long time, then we should all recall William’s parents, Diana and Charles, who took a whole week!
I believe that to every great outfit, there should be a great bag that follows (of course, shoes should match well, too!). With our city kids in mind, I felt it necessary to gather a lot of backpacks from Babesta that would be light, cute, and stylish! These backpacks can be used for: mini vacations, trips to the pool/beach, and even for school! All bags are adorable and have the same theme: animals !
I love animals of all shapes, colors, and sizes. Sharks may seem scary, but in reality, they are very adorable creatures…on our backpacks that is! Dinosaurs may seem scary, but they are pretty friendly! They always give a hand by carrying my lunch and books! They can carry yours, too! Adults and children will love these animal styled backpacks by Skiphop, Mad Pax, and Anais & I.
Not so scary animal backpacks!
Bring these friends along everywhere and make great memories!
Summer is the perfect time to train your little chef! It’s a great indoor activity if it’s too hot outside, but make sure to have your air conditioner on, since the kitchen can heat up! The Cooking Club for Kids offers lots of different fun cooking sets for your little culinary whiz!
But before anyone starts cooking, every chef needs chef hats and aprons – and for that we have The Cooking Club for kid’s black and white aprons and hats, ready for our chefs, $23.
black and white aprons!
Everybody needs to eat a healthy breakfast to have a great day – they way that breakfast is the most important meal of the day–it energizes you! For our breakfast food loving chefs, we have a pancake kit. It comes with: a mixing bowl, different shapes, a flipper, and recipe cards. One morning our little chefs can make pancakes and maybe another morning they can create yummy crepes!
yummy pancakes for everyone!
Pizza Time! The Cooking Club for Kids Pizza making kit comes with: a rolling pin, a sauce brush, a pizza tray and lifter, and recipe cards. Our young chefs can create their own pizzas with different ingredients as well! I would love to try a ham and pineapple pizza, please!
I want a hot slice of pizza!
Snacks are great for extra energy throughout the day. Babesta has two snack kits: the cookie kit and the gingerbread kit. Both kits contain recipe cards and different cookie cutter shapes. The cookie kit contains a silicone mat and a rolling pin,while the gingerbread kit has a mixing bowl and a decorating pen. How fun will it be to create different shaped cookies! I would love to try a heart and star shaped cookie! I’m sure it will taste as great as it looks!
chocolate chip cookies please?
Yummy Gingerbread Cookies!
I also have to add that I love ice-cream as much as I love pizza and pancakes! Babesta recently received Chronicle’s Star Wars’ Ice Saber Kit. It comes with four molds that you can fill with your favorite juice or fruit to make yummy pops that will be chilly for a hot summer day. This kit contains 30 different Ice Saber Recipe so no one will ever get bored! You can have light saber fights while eating!! And they’re only $24!
Woosh! Cool down with these cute sabers!
If any of our little chefs decide to create new recipes with these kits, please stop by and drop off some snacks! LOL.
Only $29 for all these kits. In-stores at Babesta Cribz and online.
No one enjoys hot, sweaty feet!! How stinky! P. U.! I have gathered all of Babesta’s summer kicks that provide a lot of comfort and coolness for the hot, sticky weather! These adorable and stylish kicks will go well with possibly any outfit! It is very important that our stylish babes look even better with awesome shoes!
Check out our kicks onlineor in-stores! Also check out our animal bags post!