We spent the weekend going through racks of clothes that will hit the shelves in the Spring/Summer and picking out what is undeniably Babesta! There were so many great styles, but just to whet the appetite (though let’s not get too ahead of ourselves, Fall isn’t even yet upon us), we’re showing you a quick glimpse of some things we were backflipping over!
On August 5, 2013, the Hudson River Park officially opened! The final section to be completed was in our very own Tribeca.
The path stretches all the way to Gansevoort.
Aside from a pathway for runners, walkers, and all humans, there is a section especially for dogs.
Now dogs have the chance to run around and play!
On hot summer days, there are both big and small fountains for dogs of all sizes to splash around in!
There are rocks to jump on, and beige and dark blue cement for running around.
Not only should the dog owners of Tribeca be happy, but I’m sure our dogs are very excited!
“Take me out! Take me out!”
Take your dog out for a time of bonding and playing!
Babesta has been looking for heroes to look over NYC!
Recently, we have received two Superheroes that promised to devote their lives to keep our children safe!
These two cuddly superheroes promise to become best friends with as many children they meet!
Superman Babo and Ice Bat promise to be the best friend & hero!
Click the photo for our Superhero Ugly Dolls!
For the kids who love to design and color, it is a must that they are introduced to some of Babesta’s Design Kits. It is suitable for a l l ages who have a giant imagination!
(click on the pictures to check out our items online!)
1) Design your own Tote Bag Kit.
For the babes who love bags but never satisfied with everyone else’s designs! This kit by Seedling includes a Cotton Tote Bag, colorful ribbons, fabric paints, craft and glitter glue, and more that will surely make your bag lovin’ babe want to show off their skills! Great for taking it along to: school, grocery stores, the mall, etc. Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
2) Make your own Bangles Kit.
Who doesn’t love bangles? They make our outfits look better and more chić. This kit contains: Wooden Bangles, Embroidery Thread, Assorted Fabric and Ribbons, and instructions for our crafty kids! Let’s see who can design the best! Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
3) Fashion Designer Kit.
For the fashionistas who always draw and imagine new clothing! For the fashionistas who are never pleased with today’s fashion and is ahead of the new trend. This kit is for the trend-setters and it includes: Assorted Fabrics, Wooden Manikin, Basic Pattern Shapes, Sketch Book, Coloured Pencils, Sewing Needles & Cotton, Assorted Ribbons, and an instruction + tips booklet. Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
4) Color the Earth kit.
Aside from all the fashion kits, the color the Earth kit is for the creative souls who love coloring and playing! This kit contains craft markers and an inflatable world! Your artistic babe colors the world in any way they please and make the world inflatable! This is great for those who love playing, coloring, and learning! It is a fun way to teach kids the name of different countries! Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
5) Creakit Stencils.
This Creakit is also for those colorful souls. Artistic children can use these stencils to draw a scene or create a story. This is great for every age groups! Check it out in-stores @ Babesta Cribz or online!
6) Sticker Fashionista.
This isn’t an ordinary sticker book. This is the sticker book filled with clothes, scarves, shoes, bags- fashionistas’ faves! Our fashion lovin’ babes can use these stickers to create the latest outfits for their characters !
Thanks for checking it out! These kits can be great activities for rainy days, hot summery days, cold winter days, sleep overs, etc. Also, these will be awesome gifts for those who love being creative!
I love using my imagination, dreaming of unicorns and nice monsters, and wishing for wings. I am in luck!
Babesta offers fantasy filled clothes, toys, and furniture that is just magical to look at! Your babe would look stylish while playing and imagining of a unicorn and dragon filled world!
Check out our items in-stores or online, via the links provided below! Be magical! Be You!
From top left, going down:
1) DFC’s Unicorn Trophy Head. What more do you need to decorate your babe’s room than a unicorn trophy head?! They come in 9 different sparkly colors! It would shine up a room for sure!
2) Baby Legs Popcicle Socks complete a colorful outfit! It is soft, colorful, and fantasy filled!
3) A for Apple’s Camo Confetti Tee brings the party to life! This shirt is actually on sale for $26.25! Fantasy creatures dig this color scheme because it seems fun and stylish!
4) Atsuyo et Akiko’s Pink Sequin Bow can be paired with the cute confetti tee for girls who want to be more magical and sparkly!
5) Munster Kid’s Mellow Yellow Zip Jeans are too adorable! These jeans are bright and colorful, ready to withstand a battle with the famous dragon!
6) Native’s Fitsimmons Yellow Boots finish an outfit. These adventurous boots are ready for any terrain and imagination! Stylish, comfortable, and colorful! Makes a fashion statement!
7) TOYS, TOYS, TOYS!
a) Build Your own Kaleidoscope Kit will bring shapes and colors to life! Imagination and DIY altogether!
b) The Explorer Block Set is extremely colorful and challenging! Our babes can build a city or imagine a completely new world with these blocks!
c) Stacrobats are magnetic figures that your babe can put together while imagining a fun circus scene and learning about different shapes!
d) The Elmer Elephant Pull Toy will make your babe feel like a zookeeper, a circus tamer, or even a safari king and queen! This adorable elephant can be a friend or foe, who knows!
1) Mobilio includes 5 cuddly figures great for infants! They can dream of a fantasy land filled with animals! Maybe they will crawl alongside with baby zebras or ride on the back of unicorns!
2) The Caravan Crib comes in five different imaginative colors! It offers comfort, security, and imagination!
1) The Unicorn Peony Sham will be great for not only our babes but for us, adults, as well! It will be nice and cuddly for naps after a imagination filled afternoon! Unicorns will accompany us to a magical sleeping place.
a) “Monster at the End of this Book” will heighten your child’s imagination! A fun story of Grover, scared of the monster at the end of the book! He begs readers not to flip the pages, but your babe will definitely feel the need to flip and read more! Your child’s imagination will grow while reading and looking at the fun illustrations.
b) “If I ran the Circus” is another imagination feeder. Your babe will love reading this book, while putting themselves in the book! It would be awesome to run a circus filled with lions, tigers, and crazy tricks!
3) The Winged Tunic Dress is too adorable! Your babe can imagine that she is a beautiful fairy or is a superhero! Stylish and creative- just what we need for our bright children!
Hope you feel magical by now!
Time for a change. We upgraded our storefront over at Babesta Threads, to welcome new clothes and a new feeling of happiness! This new theme is inspired by magic. Cards, tickets, magician hats and wands, etc. were all used to create a beautiful storefront. We’re psyched about it came out!
It all started out with two stylists hot gluing a 150 ft. of tickets and wire together. Then they added cards, magic wands, hats, moustaches, etc. to create the very magical display! Thanks, Steph!!!
The big reveal!
Hope everyone’s summer is going great!
We here at Babesta are very busy trying to organize pictures for our catalog (the release date is a secret!), and everyone has been helping out! We have been smooth-sailing, so our summer is awesome! Thanks for asking.
Everyone is probably going to the park, to work, to the pool, to bbq’s, and spending a lot of time outside! However, we bet that some of us forgot to apply sunblock most of the time!! The sun has been shining bright, warming us all up and tanning/sunburning our skin. But do not fear! We here at Babesta decided to introduce our summer hats that will be very useful for the summertime (and all seasons!).
We picked out three awesome summer hats that come in all sizes and colors! Our adorable trucker hats, fedoras, and awesome character caps really will not only liven up our kids’ outfits but will block the sun’s harmful UV rays from their faces!
1. Trucker Hats: $18 USD
Both our lovely boys and girls will look awesome donning a cute trucker hat! These hats will be great for playgrounds due to the adjustable straps. These hats will be comfortable and stylish!
2. Goorin’s Lil Hagar Plaid Fedora- only $15 USD
Once again for both boys and girls, these Fedoras will look so stylish with simple attires, such as a white tank top and black shorts. Fedoras are just too adorable and chic. These can also be paired with cute summer dresses, too! Your adorable kid will look even more scrumptious!
3. Hot Biscuit Mikihouse’s Animal Caps! – only $70 USD
These hats are a definitely a must-have for your child’s wardrobe! Look at the adorable eyes and ears! These hats are made for young infants, up to 4 months. Babies can rock awesome snaptees AND these cute animal hats! The Bear Caps will block out the sun for your even more stylish babe!
4. Floppy Hats – $13 USD
These hats will be great for the beach and just any outdoor activities! The floppy-ness will block the sun’s rays. Greatly matched with tank tops and simple yet cool summer outfits. There are three different sizes and colors for all children! Pink, Navy Blue, and White (not shown above) are ready to block out the sun’s rays!
Remember to check out these cute hats in-stores, at Babesta Threads, located on 66 West Broadway, New York, NY. You will definitely not regret it!
AND! Please check out our fun hat Vine video here!
Beware of cute, cuddly monsters!! They are hiding out in Babesta, awaiting your visits! We brought together Babesta Cribz and Threads for an even better experience! These will be great summer fashions, as well as back to school fashions. After seeing all these monsters, don’t you get the feeling that monsters are actually cuddly and lovable?
Please check them out in-stores and online!! (click on the links below!)
From the left corner to right:
Top left corner:
1) Every fashionista needs the Akamay Fashionista Fur Vest! It is warm, stylish, and fuzzy! This vest will definitely go well with any outfit, as long as the fashionista dons a nice pair of Sons and Daugthers sunglasses and a stylish attitude!
2) The Skull V-Neck Sweater will look so nice with a pair of jeans or even the leggings, which will be talked about next! A great fall essential! It can even be worn on rainy days during the summer, with a cute pair of shorts. Great for both boys and girls!
3) The Hob Goblin Baby Legs do look a little scary, but when your baby wears it, I’m sure the “ehh” will immediately change into “how adorable!”. Baby Legs keep your babies’ legs warm and safe! Babies’ bodies temperatures vary with adult’s bodies. So inside air conditioned rooms, I’m sure your baby will appreciate that you put on their Baby Legs!
4) Cosy Ruched Leggings will look amazing on your babe! It sure seems comfortable, and I really want one! They can be worn with not only the Skull V-neck, but with any shirt or tank! It is definitely an essential to your babe’s wardrobe!
Top Right Corner:
1) The Ulm Crib is made from beautiful and sustainably harvested solid birch and birch plywood. This mattress platform has three adjustable positions for your growing babe! It has a beautiful color that certainly reminds me of the mid-century- very elegant.
2) All the Ugly Dolls are trapped!! They are certainly the cutest dolls ever! At Babesta, there are so many different Ugly Dolls that you can get to know. From Nimah to Chef Babo, they are such lovable creatures with different personalities. They do have one thing in common besides being cute… they are oh so lovable!!
Bottom Left Corner:
1) Mad Pax’s Bubble Backpack is probably the best thing created!! At Babesta we have it in two different colors, but all of them are so cool! Very spacious backpacks that every kid will want! It is overloading with greatness!
2) Mad Pax’s Spiketus Rex Backpack reminds me of a mini dinosaur. Your babe will look so adorable with it! They come in different colors and will match with any outfit. All of Mad Pax’s backpacks are spacious. Even teens and adults can wear it!
Bottom Right Corner:
Our most monster like collection of snaptees and tees!
1) The Big in Japan Tee is in black, pink, light blue, and gray. Just choose a color and we got it!
2) Our all time favorite Snaptee/Tee… I Believe in Snuffleupagus !! How adorable will your babe look in this snaptee?! Definitely for the imaginative souls! Warning: you might be stunned by cuteness!
3) Monsters Need Love Too!! This snaptee/ tee really makes monsters look cuddly and adorable. They have feelings too! Pair it with a cute pair of leggings, or with a cute pair of yellow jeans!
4) An Outerspace Tee? Sadly these are not snaptees! However, your kid will look exceptionally cool with this tee. A comfortable tee that can be paired with a pair of jeans, shorts, leggings, or even with skirts!
Do you finally feel that monsters are adorable and lovable?
Thanks a ton for checking it out!!
No one can resist ice cream, cupcakes, pizza, and cookies! I know, it’s not the healthiest choice of foods, but once in a while, it doesn’t hurt to take a bite of a moist chocolate peanut butter cupcake, or indulge in a large bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. This post is for those who love cooking, whether amazing at it or not. This post is dedicated to all those people who love creating their own recipes! This is for the people who love eating new things! Upon scrolling down Pinterest, I came across so many homemade recipes that I just couldn’t resist. It’s lunchtime and my stomach is extra grouchy now! Can’t wait until I go home and make some of these! I’ll list the top three recipes that I really want to share to everyone!!
Remember to click on the photos for the recipe sharers’ websites!
Number One. Homemade Funfetti Sugar Cookies.
Thank you to Averie Sunshine for this amazing recipe. Just staring at the pictures make my mouth water. When I usually make Funfetti cookies, I use the typical Pillsbury Funfetti Cupcake mix and just add more flour. This seems so much better, and from now on, I’m pretty sure I’ll get rid of the boxes and make cookies from scratch!
What you will need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons clear imitation vanilla extract (real vanilla extract may be substituted)
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons corn starch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
3/4 cup sprinkles
Directions (my short version):
1) In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the butter, sugar, egg, and extract, on medium-high speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy, for about 5 minutes (or use a hand mixer and beat for at least 7 minutes).
2) Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix well for about 1 minute.
3) Add the SPRINKLES and mix briefly!
4) Using a mini cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, form mounds on a large plate. Flatten them gently and place them in the fridge for 2 hours to 5 days.
5) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with wax paper, or spray it with cooking spray. Place all cookies at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes, no more than 9! Take them out, let it cool for 5 minutes, then place on the plate and devour it!!
6) You can store these cookies for up to one week in room temperature, or you can freeze them! You can use these for toppings to ice cream sundaes as well!
Number Two. Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Pizza.
Traditional pepperoni pizzas and Hawaiian pizzas can get a bit boring. Thankfully, how sweet eats has shared such an amazing recipe!! A Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Pizza. Yes. A BACON CHEESEBURGER PIZZA.
What you will need:
1 1/8 cups warm water
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2/3 cup ketchup
2/3 cup mustard
8 ounces freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, slightly cooked
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
A lot of ingredients that will serve your stomach justice.
1) In a large bowl, combine water, yeast, honey, and olive oil; mix with spoon, then let it sit until foamy (about 10 minutes). Add 2 1/2 cups of flour and salt. Mix with spoon, until a sticky dough forms.
2) Using your hands, form the dough into a ball, while using the 1/2 cup of flour, kneading it onto a floured surface.
3) Lather the same bowl with olive oil. Put dough inside, roll it around to get an even coat of olive oil everywhere. Place a towel over it, and let it sit in a warm place to rise, for 1 1/2 hours.
4) After it has risen, place onto the floured surface, punch it down, and divide it into two or three pieces (depends on the size of your skillet).
5) Place one of the dough onto a heavily floured pizza peel. Roll it out to the size of your skillet.
1) Heat a nonstick pan. Add seasoned beef (salt, pepper, onion powder). Bread the beef into small pieces. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Drain any liquid from the skillet.
2) Combine ketchup and mustard. Use half for one and half for the other!!
3) Spread half of sauce onto dough. Sprinkle lightly with cheddar.
4) Add half of the beef on top. Sprinkle with more cheese and some bacon!! (Lightly cook bacon so it doesn’t burn while cooking!)
5) Put an oven rack directly under your broiler. Set it to the highest setting!
6) Place iron skillet on the stovetop burner on HIGH heat. Heat the skillet for 10 minutes. (If it smokes a lot, turn down the heat!)
7) Remember to cover the handle of the skillet with a potholder or a thick towel. Gently slide the pizza onto the skillet.
8) After 30 seconds, turn off the burner. Stick the skillet under the broiler.
9) After one minute, turn the skillet 180 degrees. Wait another minute.
10) Take it out. Let it cool for five minutes. Cover with lettuce and tomatoes (and whatever else you would like!).
Number Three. Homemade Pop-Tarts.
Pop tarts are one of my favorite snacks. The strawberry and s’mores pop tarts are my weaknesses! Everyone must have eaten a pop tart once in their life! But no one probably thought of making them at home! Imagine creating a new pop tart flavor that no one has ever tasted before! What’s amazing about this recipe is that you can add any flavor you want; you can also create your own color to frost the pop-tart!
What you will need:
2 cups (8 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks or 8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pats
1 large egg
2 tablespoons (1 ounce) milk
1 additional large egg (to brush on pastry)
1) Mix the flour, sugar, and salt.
2) Work in the butter with your hands or a food processor until it is pea-sized.
3) Mix One Egg and the milk. Add the liquid mixture into the dough.
4) Knead the dough briefly on a floured countertop.
5) Divide the dough in half. Roll out into rectangles, sized 3 x 5. (You may refrigerate the dough if not immediately baking.)
6) Roll the divided doughs to a thickness of 1/8″. Trim both to an even 9″ x 12″. Cut each piece to thirds (There should be 9 rectangles.)
7) Beat the additional egg. Brush it over the entire surface of the first dough. (The egg will help hold the two doughs.)
8) Add any filling you desire. (Nutella, Jam, Fruit, etc.). Put the second piece of dough over the first. Press around the dough with your fingers; use a fork to gently press it and seal it completely.
9) Preheat the oven to a nice 350 degrees! Chill the dough, uncovered, for about 10 minutes as the oven heats up.
10) Bake for 20 – 25 minutes! Let it cool before eating!
Note from smitten kitchen: They stated that their kitchen was a typical NYC kitchen that gets really hot! Your dough may be too warm and soft to work with if your kitchen is too warm. So if this describes your kitchen, you can freeze the dough for about 10 minutes to get it to the perfect consistency.
The National September 11 Museum and Memorial is scheduled to open next Spring. The neighborhood of TriBeCa is actually a few blocks from the memorial. We feel it in our hearts to keep close tabs!
President and CEO of the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, Joe Daniels, believes that the fences of the construction will soon come down for good! Currently, the Memorial Plaza located at 20 Vesey St., between Church and Broadway, requires multiple security checks, but Daniels hopes that the newly opened Memorial will only require a security check-in, upon entering the building. This building will stay due to millions of people who visit daily while the Visitor’s Center located on 90 West Street will be moved to a new location that is not yet decided, as the new Memorial opens.
Daniels also mentioned that his crew are planning multiple procedures to protect all valuables from another flood. There is talk of building extra pipes, water proof doors, and of emergency protocols. The Memorial means so much to not only the whole country, but to us in New York. They will make sure to store important items in deeper grounds as well as on higher grounds.
Hopefully, all monetary and contract issues get solved immediately, so that the building of the Memorial can hasten and be ready earlier. We really appreciate the hard work that everyone is putting into creating the new Memorial.
Thank you TribecaTrib for all your lovely news about our neighborhood. Click here to visit their site!