Designed for flexibility and fun, Flink is ideal for design-savvy parents. Both modern and timeless, Flink – meaning “brave” in Dutch – is designed to allow you to mix and match. Their products are also 100% organic and non-toxic. Always. No exceptions. And, like your children, they grow fast adding new patterns and designs all the time. We love the originality of their designs and the way they seamlessly integrate to create new moods as your child grows and the seasons change!
What is not to love here! By far the cutest storage option for space-deprived New York kids! Great for storing clothes, toys or even your favorite pair of clogs! Check them out here -http://www.babesta.com/Amsterdam-Storage-Cabinet.html - & allow 2-3 weeks for delivery & lots of colors to choose from. Come by the shop and see them in person. It’s like a trip to Europe without the airfare )
Adding color to your crib is totally fresh and that’s why we are mad about Kalon Studios’ caravan crib. With lots of colors to choose from, this is truly a custom crib, and hence furniture worth waiting for. The pot of gold at the end, well that’s your baby.
Add to cart at Babesta: www.babesta.com/Kalon-Studios. -S.R.
On August 10th, the Skyscraper Museum (39 Battery Place) will host “Woolworth’s Gargoyles” to highlight its “Woolworth Building @ 100″ exhibit. That’s right, Woolworth turned 100 years young this year!
Lucky kids ages 3 to 10 will learn about Gothic architecture while getting a quick tour of the Cathedral of Commerce’s iconic gargoyle statues. Afterward, visitors will get the chance to make their own gargoyles. That’s right. I said it. MAKE. YOUR. OWN. GARGOYLES.
Tickets are only $5 to the public, $2.50 for seniors and students, and free for members and children under 12. Purchase them by e-mailing: email@example.com OR call 212-945-6324 by 5 p.m. by Friday, August 9.
Visit skyscraper.org && woolworth100.com for more information.
Who doesn’t love Central Park? Now here are a few reasons to love it even more: Some of our favorite upcoming events in August. Mark our calendars!
Sandbox: Stories; August 5; from 2 PM- 3PM;
Kids will hear interactive and humor filled stories about witches, princesses, shoemakers, etc.
Family Camping; August 24, 2013; 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM;
Camping in Central Park! Your getaway from the city, in the city! Classic! Park Rangers will protect you! Bond with nature and your family. Participants are chosen by lottery.
The Conservatory Garden;
Saturdays between April 6, 2013 and October 26, 2013, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM;
A 75 minute tour learning about the thousands of flowers, trees, shrubs, and perennials that horticulturalists take care of. Tours meet at the Vanderbilt Gate.
Check out Central Park’s website for more events and news of the ultimate park!
It’s that time of year again…. SHARK WEEK. If you’re anything like us, the ocean makes you a little nervous right around now (what do you mean the Megalodon doc was fake?) but don’t let that keep you out of the water altogether. With Boon Inc. Dive Bath Appliques and Yikes Twins Shark Towels inject bath time with some sharp, shark week friendly accessories. Or maybe you’re a little extra inquisitive about what’s hiding in the deep; there’s A Strange Place to Call Home, Love the Earth, and What Animals Really Like to sate your curiosity. And of course, there’s plenty of nautically inspired outfits to put together. We’re especially into Native’s JeffersonSlip-On, La Miniatura’s Ocean Blue Jeans, and Beatrix’s Shark Gear. There’s so much to take a bite out of for shark week, you might need a bigger shopping cart!
If you know anything about Babesta, you know we think babies rock! To help them out, we try to supply them with all the rockin’ gear, be it a concert shirt or headphone hoodie. In that vein, of course, Lullaby Renditions by Rockabye Baby is always top shelf for us! Check out the newest in the line up: Jay-Z and the indomitable Michael Jackson! Find them at Babesta in-store or online!
The summertime makes me think of how much fun we had creating the Postcard Project a couple years ago. For those who don’t know, inspired by the MET’s Walker Evans Exhibit (and notably, the MOMA is showing the artist’s work this summer!) we gave out 100 disposable cameras to kids from the ages of 3 to 12 and asked them to re-conceive postcards for Lower Manhattan, to include Tribeca, South Street Seaport, FI DI, Chinatown & Battery Park City. They had to take their time, budget their shots & frame their pictures. No instant gratification here – as we had to develop the film (an anomaly in this digital age!) We got an astounding array of shots and relied on an expert panel of professional photographers to come up with 10 winning photographs to comprise our Postcard Packet.
I try to excel in gifting. Finding something just perfect for a niece or nephew, for a birthday or an anniversary. To make things easy on you, I’ve arranged a few gift ideas that babies and children of all ages will definitely love! Check them out in-stores and online!
1) Baby Johnny Sneaker Socks: Six pairs of bright high-top tennis shoe baby socks. How adorable? Sneaker Socks! We have more designs such as Yo Gabba Gabba socks, Skater Socks, Neon Socks, etc.
2) What Happens at Grandmas Snaptee/Tee: Who doesn’t want a Snaptee or tee in this style? Classic. Grandma lets you eat more candy, and word on the street is, with her, you have no bedtime. Such a great way for our kids to show off their love for grammy!
3) Rockabye Baby Muse CD: A calming gift that parents will thank you for! Babies can rock out lullaby style and fall asleep, dreaming about their rockstar life. There are more renditions like the Beatles’, Van Halen’s, the Smiths’, the White Stripes’, etc.
4) Dog Zoo Bib: These bibs are not only cute, but they fold up! Easy to store, easy to wash! This adorable face will surely bring joy to your gift receiver and you!
5) Lion Rattle: Fear not! These lions are adorable and sweet! They aren’t vicious, and they rattle! Your baby will have so much fun making their own music and being intrigued at how calm the lion is.
6) Baby Legs Mr. Peter Rabbit: Little ones will be hoppin’ with joy each time he wears this leg warmer! Baby Legs keep babies’ legs warm while looking stylish and cute. Definitely a must have! Check out the other styles!
7) Alphabet Zoo Activity Mirror: Babies can play peek-a-boo while playing with the plush elephant, monkey, and birdie. This can be set up outside and inside! It is easy to carry, and the gift receiver will enjoy this and thank you!!
8) I believe in Snuffleupagus Snaptee/Tee: Can I have one in my size? This is for those who love using their imagination and believe in fantasies! What’s even better? This Snaptee/Tee comes in so many colors!
9) Pronto Chevron: Great for the parents! Designed by Jonathan Adler, this mobile changing station will be small enough to fit into any diaper bag, and when in need, it will spread open so that your baby can be clean.
10) Metro Card Rattle: Babies will love receiving this because it shows off the perks of being a city kid! It’s cute and fun! With the Metro Card Rattle, your baby can keep busy when traveling.
11) Rockin Diaper Cake with Ugly Doll (center): These are made to order cakes that can be great for any shower! Three layers of diapers are wrapped in an orange ribbon and topped with an Uglydoll of your choice. The cake sits on top of a Vinyl record. Wish I got something like this when I was a baby! This gift will surely be the talk of the century!
We spent the weekend going through racks of clothes that will hit the shelves in the Spring/Summer and picking out what is undeniably Babesta! There were so many great styles, but just to whet the appetite (though let’s not get too ahead of ourselves, Fall isn’t even yet upon us), we’re showing you a quick glimpse of some things we were backflipping over!