We love the latest car seat by Cybex, the Aton Q. Does it make the grade? We say decidedly yes!
Beauty: A+: It’s got an XXL canopy, comes in lots of fashion colors (but we’re New Yorkers, so we’ll almost always go for black) and is made with premium fabrics. It’s sleek and modern and as far as car seats go, it’s a stunner.
Brains: A++: Superior side impact protection ensures forces are distributed in the car seat shell, away from baby; it features super easy and secure installation; and requires no rethreading the straps—the adjustable headrest does it for you! To boot, the seat’s even safer for preemies due to super flat positioning.
Also, like the Aton 2, the seat has a load leg that reduces forward pitching of the seat, reducing the stress on your baby’s head and neck in case of an accident, is washable and works seamlessly with a range of strollers making for an easy travel system.
Here are some of the features in detail:
Superior Side Impact Protection: The seat features “Telescopic Linear Side-impact Protection”, which means that in an accident, the first forces are transferred by the pull out side protector facing the door and distributed to the car seat shell, thereby absorbing the forces of the impact and channeling them away from baby. This is an upgrade from the Aton 2 increasing the safety quotient.
Automatic height adjustment of the seat: For preemies and newborns especially, the angle of the head, neck and chest is important, as the wrong position can create breathing difficulties. The new Cybex Q adjusts the sitting angle as the baby grows and you adjust the headrest.
No more rethreading straps! With the new 8-position height-adjustable headrest with integrated harness guide, the length of the harness changes automatically when the headrest is adjusted. This prevents any need for the difficult threading in and out of the harness and makes it almost impossible to misuse.
An XXL foldaway sun canopy: UVP 50+ sun canopy protecting baby’s skin. It also protects from wind and rain!
Easy travel system: The Aton Q infant car seat can be effortlessly converted into a travel system with many buggies and strollers.
- Load leg reduces forward movement upon impact decreasing the stress on your child’s neck and head in the event of a collision. The load leg distributes the force into the back of the car seat instead.
- Seat is equipped with EPS foam, which absorbs energy in a collision.
- The Aton Q base’s belt-tensioning plates makes installation quick and easy using latch or safety belts
- Seat release is two-step.
- Seat features five point harness with shoulder and buckle pads.
- It’s super light – only 8.8 lbs (seat) and 10.25 lbs (base)
- Removable infant insert to position newborns and newborn inlay
- Indicator confirms the correct attachment of carrier to base (again, making correct installation easy!)
- Breathable fabric covers are machine washable
The new Cybex Aton Q infant car seat is suitable for children weighing 4-35 pounds, and up to 30” tall. Comes with a car seat and base. Additional bases (for additional cars) are available separately.