We had a blast handing out candy to the waves of New York City kids who trick or treated their way around Tribeca! Some of the costumes scared us, some endeared us, all were amazing! Here are some pics from All Hallow’s Eve in the City!
Archive: Inside Look at Babesta
Enjoy and please share! We are thrilled to be able to introduce the Mimi & Magic Forest video! We had so much fun with the Mimi story, we couldn’t stop at still pictures. We really wanted to offer up a living, breathing fashion story, featuring the highlights of the store (Oeuf cribs, Bugaboo strollers, cool knit toy pigeons & taxi ride ons and of course our range of cool indie fashion — Mini Rodini, ESP No. 1, La Miniatura, Munster Kids!)
Listen to the store of Mimi, a city girl who finds herself in the country & embarks on a magical adventure!
Be sure to comment on Youtube! Tell us what you think! Where should Mimi go next? We’d love to hear your ideas!
Video by Katrina Tang & Taavi Lindmaa
Styling by Michel Onofrio
Hair & Makeup by Laura Castellano
Story by Jennifer Cattaui
*special thanks to Aslan & Nixxi and all of the kids who brought these characters to life!
We are so excited about our new Babesta Beat magazine! It features some of our favorite things from Fall – from new fashions, funky furniture, cool gifts, hot wheels and more!
Shop the new Babesta Beat catalog! You can shop online (all items click through to the site), shop in store or call in at (646) 290-5508. And tell us how you like it! We’ve been sweating all summer over this & we’d love to get your feedback!
I love using my imagination, dreaming of unicorns and nice monsters, and wishing for wings. I am in luck!
Babesta offers fantasy filled clothes, toys, and furniture that is just magical to look at! Your babe would look stylish while playing and imagining of a unicorn and dragon filled world!
Check out our items in-stores or online, via the links provided below! Be magical! Be You!
From top left, going down:
1) DFC’s Unicorn Trophy Head. What more do you need to decorate your babe’s room than a unicorn trophy head?! They come in 9 different sparkly colors! It would shine up a room for sure!
2) Baby Legs Popcicle Socks complete a colorful outfit! It is soft, colorful, and fantasy filled!
3) A for Apple’s Camo Confetti Tee brings the party to life! This shirt is actually on sale for $26.25! Fantasy creatures dig this color scheme because it seems fun and stylish!
4) Atsuyo et Akiko’s Pink Sequin Bow can be paired with the cute confetti tee for girls who want to be more magical and sparkly!
5) Munster Kid’s Mellow Yellow Zip Jeans are too adorable! These jeans are bright and colorful, ready to withstand a battle with the famous dragon!
6) Native’s Fitsimmons Yellow Boots finish an outfit. These adventurous boots are ready for any terrain and imagination! Stylish, comfortable, and colorful! Makes a fashion statement!
7) TOYS, TOYS, TOYS!
a) Build Your own Kaleidoscope Kit will bring shapes and colors to life! Imagination and DIY altogether!
b) The Explorer Block Set is extremely colorful and challenging! Our babes can build a city or imagine a completely new world with these blocks!
c) Stacrobats are magnetic figures that your babe can put together while imagining a fun circus scene and learning about different shapes!
d) The Elmer Elephant Pull Toy will make your babe feel like a zookeeper, a circus tamer, or even a safari king and queen! This adorable elephant can be a friend or foe, who knows!
1) Mobilio includes 5 cuddly figures great for infants! They can dream of a fantasy land filled with animals! Maybe they will crawl alongside with baby zebras or ride on the back of unicorns!
2) The Caravan Crib comes in five different imaginative colors! It offers comfort, security, and imagination!
1) The Unicorn Peony Sham will be great for not only our babes but for us, adults, as well! It will be nice and cuddly for naps after a imagination filled afternoon! Unicorns will accompany us to a magical sleeping place.
a) “Monster at the End of this Book” will heighten your child’s imagination! A fun story of Grover, scared of the monster at the end of the book! He begs readers not to flip the pages, but your babe will definitely feel the need to flip and read more! Your child’s imagination will grow while reading and looking at the fun illustrations.
b) “If I ran the Circus” is another imagination feeder. Your babe will love reading this book, while putting themselves in the book! It would be awesome to run a circus filled with lions, tigers, and crazy tricks!
3) The Winged Tunic Dress is too adorable! Your babe can imagine that she is a beautiful fairy or is a superhero! Stylish and creative- just what we need for our bright children!
Hope you feel magical by now!
Time for a change. We upgraded our storefront over at Babesta Threads, to welcome new clothes and a new feeling of happiness! This new theme is inspired by magic. Cards, tickets, magician hats and wands, etc. were all used to create a beautiful storefront. We’re psyched about it came out!
It all started out with two stylists hot gluing a 150 ft. of tickets and wire together. Then they added cards, magic wands, hats, moustaches, etc. to create the very magical display! Thanks, Steph!!!
The big reveal!
Beware of cute, cuddly monsters!! They are hiding out in Babesta, awaiting your visits! We brought together Babesta Cribz and Threads for an even better experience! These will be great summer fashions, as well as back to school fashions. After seeing all these monsters, don’t you get the feeling that monsters are actually cuddly and lovable?
Please check them out in-stores and online!! (click on the links below!)
From the left corner to right:
Top left corner:
1) Every fashionista needs the Akamay Fashionista Fur Vest! It is warm, stylish, and fuzzy! This vest will definitely go well with any outfit, as long as the fashionista dons a nice pair of Sons and Daugthers sunglasses and a stylish attitude!
2) The Skull V-Neck Sweater will look so nice with a pair of jeans or even the leggings, which will be talked about next! A great fall essential! It can even be worn on rainy days during the summer, with a cute pair of shorts. Great for both boys and girls!
3) The Hob Goblin Baby Legs do look a little scary, but when your baby wears it, I’m sure the “ehh” will immediately change into “how adorable!”. Baby Legs keep your babies’ legs warm and safe! Babies’ bodies temperatures vary with adult’s bodies. So inside air conditioned rooms, I’m sure your baby will appreciate that you put on their Baby Legs!
4) Cosy Ruched Leggings will look amazing on your babe! It sure seems comfortable, and I really want one! They can be worn with not only the Skull V-neck, but with any shirt or tank! It is definitely an essential to your babe’s wardrobe!
Top Right Corner:
1) The Ulm Crib is made from beautiful and sustainably harvested solid birch and birch plywood. This mattress platform has three adjustable positions for your growing babe! It has a beautiful color that certainly reminds me of the mid-century- very elegant.
2) All the Ugly Dolls are trapped!! They are certainly the cutest dolls ever! At Babesta, there are so many different Ugly Dolls that you can get to know. From Nimah to Chef Babo, they are such lovable creatures with different personalities. They do have one thing in common besides being cute… they are oh so lovable!!
Bottom Left Corner:
1) Mad Pax’s Bubble Backpack is probably the best thing created!! At Babesta we have it in two different colors, but all of them are so cool! Very spacious backpacks that every kid will want! It is overloading with greatness!
2) Mad Pax’s Spiketus Rex Backpack reminds me of a mini dinosaur. Your babe will look so adorable with it! They come in different colors and will match with any outfit. All of Mad Pax’s backpacks are spacious. Even teens and adults can wear it!
Bottom Right Corner:
Our most monster like collection of snaptees and tees!
1) The Big in Japan Tee is in black, pink, light blue, and gray. Just choose a color and we got it!
2) Our all time favorite Snaptee/Tee… I Believe in Snuffleupagus !! How adorable will your babe look in this snaptee?! Definitely for the imaginative souls! Warning: you might be stunned by cuteness!
3) Monsters Need Love Too!! This snaptee/ tee really makes monsters look cuddly and adorable. They have feelings too! Pair it with a cute pair of leggings, or with a cute pair of yellow jeans!
4) An Outerspace Tee? Sadly these are not snaptees! However, your kid will look exceptionally cool with this tee. A comfortable tee that can be paired with a pair of jeans, shorts, leggings, or even with skirts!
Do you finally feel that monsters are adorable and lovable?
Thanks a ton for checking it out!!
I believe that to every great outfit, there should be a great bag that follows (of course, shoes should match well, too!). With our city kids in mind, I felt it necessary to gather a lot of backpacks from Babesta that would be light, cute, and stylish! These backpacks can be used for: mini vacations, trips to the pool/beach, and even for school! All bags are adorable and have the same theme: animals !
I love animals of all shapes, colors, and sizes. Sharks may seem scary, but in reality, they are very adorable creatures…on our backpacks that is! Dinosaurs may seem scary, but they are pretty friendly! They always give a hand by carrying my lunch and books! They can carry yours, too! Adults and children will love these animal styled backpacks by Skiphop, Mad Pax, and Anais & I.
Bring these friends along everywhere and make great memories!
From new dolls to socks, bibs to music, the cool stuff keeps rolling in at Babesta
Check out our slide show of new treasures. You can click on the images if you want to check them out online!
We have new plush toys that just came in stores at both Babesta Cribz and Threads! These join some old faves that we try to keep on our shelves (though it’s hard, they’re soooo lovable)
We received new plush toys and mini figurines from kidrobot. Their Yummy Plushes range from: black & white cookies, blue frosted donuts, chocolate frosted donuts, etc. We also received key chains of these Yummy Plushes! Be sure to check it out!
We also want to show off SkipHop’s collection of toys aimed at our city babies! Hug & Hide Stroller Toys, activity gyms, duck bath toys, alphabet zoo mirrors, and more! Playsam also has babystroller toys and YoYos!
Toys are a great way to raise a child’s imagination! Toys will definitely entertain our awesome city kids!
And please check out our Vine Video of all our toys at Babesta Cribz here!