Some new Oeuf and Apple Park in the house. We are mad about these adorable layette pieces by Oeuf NYC! Pima cotton makes them oh-so-soft while the simple design is so sweet. The Apple Park rattles and extras are the icing on the carrot cake!
Archive: Gift Guide
Got a cool baby in your life? Shop our coolest baby goods at Babesta, from hooded towels to awesome rompers to “classic” board books. Shop awesome baby gifts here!
Everyone knows a great gifter – in fact you might even be one – they are magically able to always find the perfect present -the one that connects to you, your interests, likes and tastes. Something thoughtful. Something only you would give. So what’s the secret? Here are some tips so that you can be the gift-giver who gets a standing “O” for OMGAWESOME!
1. Make it personal: You went to an awesome JZ concert with your friend pre-baby? How bout that Rockabye Baby J-Z CD? Your friend loves pop art ? Maybe an Andy Warhol board book, a Warhol banana footmuff and a pack of Warhol inspired baby socks by Trumpette.
2. Work a theme: Give a gift that rocks! A rock onesie, CD and cool booties make a statement!
3. Mix it up: Use a variety of sizes, or a variety of categories wrapped around your theme. Going for a cool indie baby-Coachella inspired dress by Bobo Choses? Maybe add a book, like Cinderella, a fashionable tale, or a cool mirror necklace by Little Creative Factory.
4. Be a wrap star: Presentation is just as important! Make sure you wrap it with some super cool paper so it’s even more special!
5. Don’t forget the card: Add a cool card and a personalized note!
Being a great gift giver is being personal. Shop special!
Forget the candy & flowers (OK, don’t forget the candy, that’s a requirement, but here are some fun extras to make Valentine’s day even more special!)
1. Meow Meow tee by Brian Lichtenberg Tees-with kitties making the youtube hot list daily, this tribute to designer felines is purrfect.
2,3. Heart and Love necklaces by 100% gumdrop – sweet jewelry for a sweet little girl.
4. A for Apple red knit gloves – face it the winter isn’t ending anytime soon!
5. Romeo & Juliet board book by BabyLit – never too soon to start reading the classics!
Yeah, that’s right! Babies get their culture on while learning the basics of ABCs, 123s, Colors, Shapes and more! BabyLit, a company that brings classic literature to babies with super cool board books with modern graphics, has hit the shelves at Babesta. Titles include Sherlock Holmes, Moby Dick, Wuthering Heights, Romeo & Juliet and more! Adorable!
Want to plan a ski trip with the family this season? Here are some great spots not too far from New York City!
Mountain Creek: A bit over an hour, this ski site, formerly Great Gorge/Vernon Valley, is perfect for a day trip. The NJ mountain isn’t huge but it’s definitely ample for learning to get your ski legs on. Also some fun snow tubing!
Hunter Mountain: Head up to the Catskills for some great snow tubing and skiing. Only about 2 hours and 30 minutes away, it’s an easy hop upstate. Ski, snowboard and snow tube, then warm up with some hot chocolate. Features a new race course for speedy skiers. We like the Roxbury to stay (it’s pretty close) and is a real crowd pleaser for its funky rooms (we liked the Genie in a Bottle room).
Jiminy Peak: The Berkshires ski mountain of choice is in Hanover, MA. It’s just shy of 3 hours from the city and is a nice choice for kids. There’s not only skiing and snowboarding but also some great tubing trails and night skiing.
Stratton: This is the longest “reasonable” distance for a nice little weekender in our opinion- just about 40 minutes or so from Brattleboro in Southern Vermont – and a 4 and a half hour drive from the city. The snow is great, and Stratton’s after-ski scene is cool. The village features some great little restaurants and shops that will make any ski bunny smile. For kids who are new to the sport, there are some good learning options – both ski school and private lessons for ski and snowboarding with a battalion of awesome instructors.
Shopping for a snow bunny? Here are some great gift ideas!